Valley Road International Church

The wooden building on this site was erected in 1877 as Mt Eden’s first school. It doubled as a church where combined Anglican, Wesleyan and Free Methodist services were held. With the removal of the school to a new site in 1879, the property was purchased by the Free Methodists.

In 1942 it became a Baptist church, which celebrated its centenary with the erection of a new brick church alongside the old wooden building.