In 1898 the site of this church was purchased and the following year a public meeting was held to gauge interest in erecting a Methodist church on the site. Forty people responded and fundraising began in earnest. Architect Arthur White was soon engaged to prepare plans for a church and Sunday school buildings and by February 1900 the buildings had been completed at a cost of £990. The church seated 200 parishioners while the Sunday school had accommodation for 150 pupils. Extensions were made to the building in 1975 to provide a lounge and kitchen. In 2010 the church and hall buildings were linked and restored and now serve as a combined church and community centre.