Garage & Marriots Building

In 1896 the Mt Eden Bowling Club was established on this site. In 1926 the club decided to relocate to Nicholson Park and the property was sold. In early 1930 and 1931 plans were drawn up for shops with dwellings attached, and a petrol station and garage. Soon the automotive needs of Mt Eden were being served on the corner of Valley and Mt Eden Roads.
The petrol station and garage was built by C.E. Heron for a Mr Dodd. The consistency in design suggests that the same architect or designer was responsible for the garage and neighbouring shops.